Monday, December 5, 2011

Abhiram Bhadkamkar to write "Asa Balgandharva"

    Famous Marathi stage artist, director and actor Abhiram Bhadkamkar is about to inaugurate a novel on Legendary stage artist 'Narayan Shripad Rajhans' known as Balgandharva.

     The book is named as "Asa Balgandharva" and will be available in market from 6th december  2011 published 'Rajhans Publication". 

     Mr. Bhadkamkar has already worked for the movie "Balgandharva- Sound of heaven". He says,"I thank Subodh Bhave for suggesting the idea of Balgandharva. Rajhans publications Dilip Majgaonkar asked me to write Balgandharva's biography. I preferred to go for novel instead of biography. It was great moment to imagine Gandharva era while writing the book. 

     I have focused on relation of Balgandharva and Ram Ganesh Gadkari who were having hidden competition between them. I have also mentioned contribution of King of Kolhapur, Shahu Maharaj to Balgandharva. 

     I met with people like Balasaheb Pandit, Jaymala Shiledar, Babasaheb Purandare who seen Balgandharva personally. Balgandharva's relatives such as Anuradha Rajhans, Mohandas Sukhtankar, Ram Joshi, Appasaheb Shinde helped me in understanding Gandharva era.

     Dr. Sadanand More's "Lokmanya te Mahatma" book helped me in studying the political background.


To read first few pages
To buy this book
To read technical details
Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...